vixine - quest for fun - yiffy furry comicsQuest for Fun  furry adultvixine - yiffy pics and comics
   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
bad comicbook movies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milkman Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone else here saw Fantastic Four. No, not the recent one. The original one. The one made on a shoestring budget by Roger Corman.

In some ways, it's not quite as mindbendingly awful as I thought it would be, but it was somehow far, far worse. I'll never forget that Mister Fantastic's 'waving hand' at the end of the movie. *whimper*

Other highlights include Reed Richards breaking down and weeping like a woman upon finding out that his friend, Victor Von Doom, died as a result of an explosion during a scientific experiment; the Human Torch actually flying faster than a laser beam; and Doctor Doom emphasizing each and every one of his words with some sort of bizarre sign language.
HSHP

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milkman Dan wrote:
I wonder if anyone else here saw Fantastic Four. No, not the recent one. The original one. The one made on a shoestring budget by Roger Corman.

In some ways, it's not quite as mindbendingly awful as I thought it would be, but it was somehow far, far worse. I'll never forget that Mister Fantastic's 'waving hand' at the end of the movie. *whimper*

Other highlights include Reed Richards breaking down and weeping like a woman upon finding out that his friend, Victor Von Doom, died as a result of an explosion during a scientific experiment; the Human Torch actually flying faster than a laser beam; and Doctor Doom emphasizing each and every one of his words with some sort of bizarre sign language.

Never did see that one. Always wanted to though. Maybe I'll see if I can download it somewhere. Still want to see the Gen13 animated movie. Had a bunch of big names in the cast, too. John DeLancie as Lynch. Mark Hammil as Threshold. Flea as Grunge. Would've been interesting to hear at least.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119185/
Milkman Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how I got the Fantastic Four movie, I downloaded it. Either through eMule or Shareaza.
HSHP

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, got it in two parts off Kazaa. I'll watch it eventually. It's now on a long list of things to watch sitting on my computer.
Dave T

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a bootleg copy of the Fantastic Four movie at a comic convention. Not the wisest purchase I ever made in my life. Sad But I'm glad I saw it.

Has anyone ever seen the Vampirella movie? That's another one that seems to have vanished without trace. Got shown once or twice on an obscure cable channel in the UK. Then got shipped back to Drakulon. Laughing
HSHP

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave T wrote:
I bought a bootleg copy of the Fantastic Four movie at a comic convention. Not the wisest purchase I ever made in my life. Sad But I'm glad I saw it.

Has anyone ever seen the Vampirella movie? That's another one that seems to have vanished without trace. Got shown once or twice on an obscure cable channel in the UK. Then got shipped back to Drakulon. Laughing

That the one with Talisa Soto? I recorded it when it aired way back when on Showtime. It's available on DVD at Amazon and Amazon Canada. Look at the upper right for the links to them. Wasn't bad, but wasn't that great either.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118063/

You want to talk bad comic book adaptations? I bought a copy of the pilot episode of Justice League Of America TV show. That was horrible.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118365/
Dave T

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never realized Vampirella made it onto dvd. Whaddya know.

The Justice League movie was awful. That turned up on TV in the UK too.

And didn't much care for the Generation X TV movie either.
HSHP

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave T wrote:
Never realized Vampirella made it onto dvd. Whaddya know.

The Justice League movie was awful. That turned up on TV in the UK too.

And didn't much care for the Generation X TV movie either.

I think the Gen X movie was better than Vampirella or JLA. Can't say it was better than FF yet, haven't watched it yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2