vixine - quest for fun - yiffy furry comicsQuest for Fun  furry adultvixine - yiffy pics and comics
   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
loyal member comics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boonboon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: loyal member comics Reply with quote

hello, the names Sekundes Lumina, and i have recently became a member and i was wondering, why do you have a "loyal members" section, its not that i mind because i like your comic, but why do you need to make them pay twice in order for people to read the other comics?

but aside from that, i love the work and wish all of you well in any of your endeavors.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not like I'm an expert (I'm the writer, not the manager), but from what I understood of it, "Loyal member" doesn't mean "someone who pays a second time to access an hypotethical inner sanctum" (that would be a swindle, IMHO), but rather it refers to the LENGTH of the duration of an account.
I mean, someone could just "pay for a week", check all the pages, take a hike and then be back months later to check the ones he didn't read before... That would not be nice, don't you think? So, while the "trial members" get access to a fair group of pages, only "regulars" get the full set, so to speak. That way, people who pay more don't feel cheated... after all, "trial" should mean just that: checking the goods to see if you like 'em.
Sorry for the long-windedness, I just wanted to get everything clear.
boonboon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

okay, thanks for clearing that up. i guess your right though someone could just come onto the site and copy + paste the comics you have up and just sign up for a trial later, and that would rob you, the artists, and well everone else that works on the site out of the compensation that you deserve, because i cant imagine that this site, or the time/work you put into it can be covered by the trial membership.

i'm also sorry for being long winded, but i have a need to say what i have on my mind.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: loyal member comics Reply with quote

boonboon wrote:
i have recently became a member and i was wondering, why do you have a "loyal members" section, its not that i mind because i like your comic, but why do you need to make them pay twice in order for people to read the other comics?

Yup- Martin is right in his response. The Loyal Members area was designed to reward members who are "loyal" and how long they stay on as a member. We're not asking you to pay twice if you don't want to.

It's all about fairness. Here's the problem..
Our site has been running for a very long time now.
Some members have been with us since we first opened and back then we only had a few pages- but they have been paying monthly to support us and keep the pages going every week. It's a bit unfair for somebody today- to join and pay a trial price and then take all the comics for only a small payment- while the other members who have been with the site for over 12 months paying 12 x monthly membership cost. Kinda unfair.

Also- we have members trying to join every 6 months and quitting so they can skip out paying 6 months and hope to get everything later with a trial. Very bad. This is cheating us and other members. So the Loyal Members area was created so that new comics are made available to Loyal Members. It stops surfers from cheating us.

Hope that answers your question!
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks Reply with quote

boonboon wrote:
okay, thanks for clearing that up. i guess your right though someone could just come onto the site and copy + paste the comics you have up and just sign up for a trial later, and that would rob you, the artists, and well everone else that works on the site out of the compensation that you deserve, because i cant imagine that this site, or the time/work you put into it can be covered by the trial membership.

Thanks for understanding boonboon! We had people doing what you just described for a while- so I devised a system and plan to stop this. We had some very bad people do this and take the materials and distribute and post them to newsgroup. So the Loyal Members area at least hinders this a bit- forcing them to wait 30 days and also fork out the cost. The Loyal Members system has really helped us with membership rentention!

-R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vixine Forum -> Vixine.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1