vixine - quest for fun - yiffy furry comicsQuest for Fun  furry adultvixine - yiffy pics and comics
   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
31 Days of HORROR!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: 31 Days of HORROR!!! Reply with quote

((Hey all,

With it being the month of October, I've decided that I wanted to go through some of my movie collection and watch 31 horror movies in 31 days. Right now... I'm behind schedule.

Anyway, so far we have the following:

1) Blood the Last Vampire ( read my review and thoughts in my Anime Open topic. C+ / B- )

2) Baby Blues (weird Hong Kong supernatural / madness premise with a tricky-yet-good story; however, an ending I didn't care for. C+/B- )

3) Night of the Creeps (awesome B-classic parody of the zombie-horror genre, with Tom Atkins, the premier B-horror-movie-hard-boiled cop. B+ )

4) Shaun of the Dead (another good zombie-parody-homage with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as two unlikely survivors in a zombie apocalypse. B+/A- )

So, that's batch one. More horror to follow. ))
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Alright, day 2, and I have a double-feature.

5 -- Repo: A Genetic Opera (Goth-Emo-Horror-Rock-Musical. Seriously. It's a musical. If nothing else, it fits with the previous theme of a limited color palette... that being black-and-white-and-red-all-over. B)

6 -- Trick or Treat (five little horror stories all twined around "Sam". Lesson be, make sure you keep your lit jack-o-lanterns handy. B+)

So, that's tonight's double-feature. ))
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( For tonight's double feature.

7 -- Slither. Creepy movie about slugs taking over human hosts. If nothing else, it has Nathan Fillion in it... and don't forget your Mr. Pibb. B+ / A-

8 -- Monster Squad. Light hearted monster movie fun with the old classics; id est, the werewolf, Dracula, the mummy, and the creature from the black lagoon. B

Only one more night of double features, and I'll be caught up with the days vs. movies.

If you all have any horror ideas, let me know. I might have the show in my collection. ))
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have it, Event Horizon is one of my favorites.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Jerin,

Hrm... that's one of the horror-sci-fi I don't have Sad

Um... any other requests?

Anyway, on with todays TRIPLE THREAT!!!

9 -- The Shining (Stanley Kubrick). Freaking. Awesome. While Steve King didn't like this adaptation of his book, the film is frickin' amazing. A+

10 -- Hellraiser. Different. Clive Barker comes up with some interesting ideas about the dangers of excess. B+ / A-

11 -- The Thing (John Carpenter). A solid, doppelganger horror movie. Lesson learned, burn everything. A.

Okay... so, now I'm caught up... and even slightly ahead. Anyway, more horror forthcoming this weekend. ))
Space Cats

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

28 Days Later D:
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Hey all,

I'm going to get ahead of the curve... which is an uncommon for me.

Anyway, on with the drive-in double-feature... of DEATH!!!

As per Space Cats' request:

12 -- 28 Days Later -- A update to the zombie apocalypse, where Zombies remember they can run. C+ / B-

Apparently, I have more vampire movies than I thought.

13 -- Rise: Blood Hunter -- A turned-vampire vs. old-vampire hunt fest. The twist? Lucy Liu as a vampire. C+ / B-

I think for Sunday I'll do one movie. ))
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Evening all,

Welcome to my la-BOR-a-TOR-EEEEE!!!!!! *muh-ha-ha-Ha-ha-Ha-Ha-HA!!* Um... *cough* yes, anyway, onto tonight's review.

Today, as I mentioned earlier, I only watched one show, though, in my defense, it was 300 minutes of show.

14 -- Another. Supernatural Horror that pits a cursed town with a Sisyphean task of trying to break a frightening curse. A

As I've mentioned before, if you have a horror movie suggestion, let me know, and I'll see if it's in my library. ))
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Creepshow? Granted it's an anthology film but to see Leslie Nielsen play a complete psychopath as opposed to his more comedic roles is a treat onto itself.

– Bruce Lee
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon Knight maybe?
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost forgot about Alien and/or Aliens both are fantastic in their own right.

– Bruce Lee
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Jerin Nekros,

Unfortunately, I do not have Demon Knight.

DesertWolf,

I was actually more familiar with Leslie Nielsen's more dramatic roles, before I saw him in Airplane.

All,

Anyway, onto tonight's Dastardly Double Feature.

15 -- Creepshow. A pretty good mix of short stories; yet, it doesn't fire on all cylinders. In this case, the sum of its parts does not add up. Grade: C

16 -- Army of Darkness. A good horror parody with Bruce Campbell, that decides to just play up the camp and fun, instead of the gore and fear. Grade B+

Anyway, I might take a pause for a day or so. I've reorganized my library, and I kinda want to watch K-On! again. ))
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((DesertWolf,

I'll be getting to Alien and Aliens shortly... hopefully by Saturday.

For the rest of you... here is my Quartet of Chaos... mostly due to my insomnia acting up last night / this morning.

17 -- Day of the Dead -- BluRay. The Romero version, as if I need to clarify. Solid take on the breakdown of society, panic, irrationality, claustrophobia, and hopelessness. Grade: A

18 -- Day of the Dead, The Need to Feed - BluRay. Crappy zomblie schlock. There's 100 minutes I'll never get back. The only reason I bought it, was I thought it was the Romero version, and didn't look to closely at it. Grade: F

19 -- Dark Tales of Japan. Five, short, stories that all intertwine around each other. Lesson learned... always have duct tape handy... especially red duct tape. Grade: B

20 -- Phantasm. Moody, creepy, and engrossing. If nothing else, the Tall Man is a very macabre take on morticians. Grade B+ / A-

So... there you go. Another batch of horror. And, to reiterate, suggestions and requests are welcome. If I have a movie or show you post, I'll re-watch it. ))
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are just a few suggestions:

1)Oldboy the Korean version. This truly will mess with your mind.

2)Jigoku--Sure it was made in the 60's but it is considered to be the beginning of J-Horror films.

3)Onibaba-- Another 60's film but still great as 2 women must survive in 14th Century Japan.

4)Kwaidan--An anthology film based on Hearn's work.

5)Audition--This is an extremely disturbing movie but well worth looking at.

– Bruce Lee
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((DesertWolf,

I have heard of a couple of those; however, my collection is very thin on the international-horror side. I was considering doing Shikoku, Dead Alive, and The Dead... as those are more international. ))
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Hey Everybody,

Given the suggestion by DesertWolf, here are my next two horror movies.

21 -- Alien Moody, atmospheric, claustrophobic, sci-fi thriller that has a lot of bogeyman sorts of scares. Grade: A

22 -- Aliens High-tension, action survival apocalypse... with xenomorphs instead of zombies. Grade: A

And that's tonight's double feature. ))
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So think I'm going to jump in on this now. I'm going to add my own spin to it though and I'm going for Horror series, and whatever Nostalgia critic reviews for Nostalgiaween.

So far I've got Tales from the Crypt and Hellraiser. I'm debating on what other ones I should go for. I'm tossed up on Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Halloween. Anyone else have suggestions?
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Hey Jerin,

Good to see you aboard. As for horror series, what about American Gothic or the Twilight Show? There's also the Phantasm series.

As for me, only one today. I need to get some pumpkins carved.

23 -- Shikoku, an eerie ghost-story piece about the importance of letting the dead rest in piece. Grade: B+

And, for my twist ending... a SECOND REVIEW!!!!

24 -- The Wicker Man, the 1973 version, an enigmatic look at cults, druidism, and challenging the status-quo.))
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so time to start up.

1) Evil Dead: The Musical

Ok so this isn't a movie, but as I went to see it while waiting for them to download it's a good starting point. Liberal painting of the fourth wall, constant lampshading, catchy soundtrack, and take that's at itself and other horror flicks. All in all a good show, my roommate and I were laughing our asses off the entire time. If it comes back next year, we're going again. I'd highly recommend going and getting seats in the splatter zone.

Grade: Groovy
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Hey all,

25 -- Bloodrayne. An utter and complete waste of time. Grade: F

So... today I earned my one-step-closer-to-31 ))
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this should help lighten your mood after that terrible movie.

Nostalgia Critic: Bloodrayne
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Hey Jerin,

The Nostagia Critic was a good try... but sometimes I can't take so much... well... jerk-ish snark.

Anyway, for todays Sunday Feature, something a bit lighter.

26 -- The Frighteners. A fun haunt story that turns dark. Grade: A-

That's it for today. ))
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Hey all,

Up to Number Twenty-Seven!!!

27 -- The Bone Collector... a weird and choppy story about... ants? So... maybe someone on the writing staff had Myrmecophobia? Grade: C ))
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Hey all,

Getting near the end of the month, and near the end of my horror movie marathon.

Anyway, Ladies and Gentlemen, please direct your attention to the center ring for our next spectacle of death defying dastardly deeds and dangerous doings done daringly for your daily delight.

28 -- Planet Terror -- A throwback to old, grindhouse, cinemas from the 70s. Campy fun that completely revels in its excess. Grade: B ))
Ezra Lee Stewart

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Caroline, i'm not sure if ti counts, but take a gander at Marble Hornets on You Tube. It's what started the handheld camera horror genre (not the right word but whatevs). I think you would like it. It is a long watch however, it's more of a marathon if anything else.

Ciao!
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Ezra Lee,

I'll have to check out Marble Hornets in a bit.

In the meanwhile, please enjoy this gruesome distraction.

29 -- Herbert West: Re-Animator. As much as I like Jeffrey Combs, this movie is just average. Watchable... but average. Grade: C ))
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Morning Gang,

No time for my normal banter, as we are -in media res-. And bonus points for those of you who know that saying

30 -- Pig hunt -- A poor movie that can't decide if it wants to be redneck terror or horrible monster fright. Grade: D ))
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Hey Jerin,

Not sure where the biblical rage came from... but okay.

Hey all,

Happy Halloween 🎃

And on to the final scene.

31 -- Let the right one in, by Thomas Alfredson. A good, macabre, chilling, and heartbreaming look at the price of immortality . Grade -- A

Thanks for joining me on this 31-movie quest. ))
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.o' Have you not seen Pulp Fiction?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2