vixine - quest for fun - yiffy furry comicsQuest for Fun  furry adultvixine - yiffy pics and comics
   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
The Great and Powerful Oz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: The Great and Powerful Oz Reply with quote

Has anybody had the chance to see this movie yet? Its pretty much a prequel to the original movie from the 70's. I have to say, it does that movie alot of justice. At first, there were some sizeable doubts as to whether this movie would do well, considering the trends of prequels often times failing. This one, however, does everything right. The character mentionings, the plot twists, and the way it payed homage to the original by starting off in black and white the same as the first one. All in all, I think it was a great movie.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know if it follows along the lines of Wicked, actually. I've not seen Wicked, but I understand that it takes place before the events of The Wizard of Oz and apparently centres around how one of the witches became wicked. I've seen the trailers for Great and Powerful Oz and there is a specific scene in the trailers that I am sure was shown on a poster for the Wicked play. So I am curious to know if this movie is based on, inspired by or an adaptation of Wicked.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows two sisters, one who was already wicked, and the other who was naive and became the more viscious wicked witch of the west. I've not seen Wicked before, so I can't tell you the similarities.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I thought it was worth the price of admission, and a really big Coke. It wasn't a really deep movie, or thought provoking... and it did have a few "disney" scenes, but overall it was a fun movie. Oh, side note with that, I was getting weirded out by how much it was reminding me of Army of Darkness at points.

I do think it could have used less Zach Braff. Ugh, that guy is so whiney. ))
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one? The monkey?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1