vixine - quest for fun - yiffy furry comicsQuest for Fun  furry adultvixine - yiffy pics and comics
   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Project PBB Card Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maZda_equals_Zandria

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.... now that shouldn't be so hard to draw.... a couple of reference pics on Betty, tips on how she should stay/stand... whatever = 1 card made.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember, usually the picture fills no more than half the card... the rest is for the text and stuf! You know, like the Magic cards...
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys sure gave me a lot to think on.Hmm...now where should i start...
Ok first of all,im glad your back with us maZda,that way we can now burden you with some chores Very Happy Just joking around,but really there's a lot of work to be done.Martin,i know there is a lot of work pileing up for you,but you should be the one,whos going to advise maZda on how to draw the cards exactly,since you have some expirience working with Vanessa.
Second,you'll have to be a litle more specific Martin.Symbols like what?I like the idea,but i just cant visualise it...And maybe we can add a text below the card,like the most catchy frase that the character ever said.Like you know,the card...errr "Last Grasp",i think thats what its called,:"Allow me a moment to catch your breath" Very Happy
The first cards came out great!The only thing we need to do is take um for a test spin.And about that...me and asanoryu can test them out but i dont like cutting the other 2 creators of this card game,from the first session ever played Confused I'll think it over these days...
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungCesar wrote:
You guys sure gave me a lot to think on.Hmm...now where should i start...
Ok first of all,im glad your back with us maZda,that way we can now burden you with some chores Very Happy Just joking around,but really there's a lot of work to be done.Martin,i know there is a lot of work pileing up for you,but you should be the one,whos going to advise maZda on how to draw the cards exactly,since you have some expirience working with Vanessa.

Well, it's not THAT difficult, since almost all the Gaming cards look the same...
http://www.misterorange.com/2005/02/ccg-card-layouts.html
See?

YoungCesar wrote:
Second,you'll have to be a litle more specific Martin.Symbols like what?I like the idea,but i just cant visualise it...And maybe we can add a text below the card,like the most catchy frase that the character ever said.Like you know,the card...errr "Last Grasp",i think thats what its called,:"Allow me a moment to catch your breath" Very Happy

Well, I did put a Quote in the Location card... Anyway, I envisioned the symbols as something like this:
Gender and sexual orientation: the standard ones
Origin: hand for workers, coin for entrepreneurs, card for gamblers, shield for nobles, wheel for travellers, lightbulb for eccentrics (like yours truly Very Happy ) etc.
Common abilities: Well, I guess colored dots, green for wealthy, grey for tough (shrug off part of the damage), yellow for resourceful (player of a resourceful main has SIX cards in his hand, not five) and so on.

YoungCesar wrote:
The first cards came out great!The only thing we need to do is take um for a test spin.And about that...me and asanoryu can test them out but i dont like cutting the other 2 creators of this card game,from the first session ever played Confused I'll think it over these days...

Ah, don't worry, I'm fine this way. Besides, I already have to manage two gaming groups, so I got no lack of stuffage to do Very Happy
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,i read that quote.So every card gets a quote then,including Main and Minor right?
Ok now i understand what you ment by symbols and the dots ain't a bad idea.
Well i guess if i cant come up with another way for us to play,me and asanoryu will take the job.Meanwhile i can start making some characters too,also i can try and build some locations and items.
Well then,if this is the final rule version,i might as well put them down on paper.Its gonna be the V1.0 Rulebook I of Pleasure Bon Bon TCG Very Happy
maZda_equals_Zandria

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was here all the time YC, but left the thinking to you guys, I didn't know ssh...squat about the game, but now i do... a little. Standing by......
maZda_equals_Zandria

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing, it's fanart... so slight variations are allowed, right?
Less variations, more time.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to know that! Smile
Well yeah...i guess! Very Happy
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the long awaited rule sheet of "Pleasure Bon Bon TCG" Very Happy
________________Pleasure Bon Bon TCG___________________
_________________________v1___________________________

There are four kinds of cards:
the Main Characters.
the Locations.
the Tools and Tricks.
the Minor Characters.
The Mains are the "must be defeated to win" cards: get to use special abilities, can use items and only one
can be in play;

the Minor Characters are "blocking unit" cards: give bonuses to the Main, can NOT use special abilities, can use stuff,
can be tapped to get stuff,only four can be in play - and if they're defeated they can't be recalled without using
specific items;

the Tools and Tricks cards: no HP at all, can NOT be used to defend, can NOT use stuff, and any number can be in play.

The purpose of the game is for a player to use a character of his choice to defeat the opposite player's MC
That can be done by using one of the two characteristics each character has: Power or Seduction.Each player
rolls a D6, and unless the die comes up 1 (automatic loss) or 6 (automatic win) the one with the highest
die roll wins.If the winner is the attacker,he deals damage equal to the die roll+his characteristic.Incase
of a draw the defending player gets his turn.

The first turn each player plays a Main and the starting player plays a Location (unless he got none in his
hand, then the other player goes - if neither has one,shuffle and restart).Each location has pluses or minuses
for certain kinds of actions: for example, a noble manor gives a hefty penalty to a Power check,while a
battlefield drops the Seduction almost to nil.Locations can only be changed by either:
1) tipping ALL the sidekicks (no less than three),
2) defeating an opponent's sidekick,
3) with particular Tools or tricks.
Locations also give bonuses to power and seduction attacks depending on the character.

The Minor characters in your hand, or Sidekicks if you want, add a bonus to the Main's characteristics
and can be played as defense instead of the Main.Incase of loosing a Minor Character,the card is send
to the Graveyard.The Minor character can also be used to get tools and tricks,to do so the card needs to be "tapped"
for 1 turn.

Tools and Tricks give certain bonuses to certain characteristics of the Main character.They can also be used to
increase the amount of health a Main/Minor character has.The tools,tricks recived depend on the current Location.
Also they can be used to change a Location.

Each character has Details that make him different from the others.
They're Gender and Sexuality, which limit the Seduction attacks,but also the defense (a male straight
character can't block another male's Seduction attack for his Main), unless countered by the right Tool or trick
and Origin, which is linked to a particular kind of Location and Stuff (for example, a noble girl -
PBB's Mary - gets a bonus from a Noble Manor and can get Noble-aligned Tools and Tricks paying less).

Symbols:
Gender and sexual orientation: the standard ones
Origin: hand for workers,coin for entrepreneurs,card for gamblers,shield for nobles,wheel for travellers
lightbulb for eccentrics.
Common abilities: Colored dots, green for wealthy,grey for tough(shrug off part of the damage)
yellow for resourceful (player of a resourceful main has SIX cards in his hand, not five),red for popularity.

Last edited by YoungCesar on Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, YC? you called the secondary characters (or "sidekicks", if you prefer) "minor" and turned the minor characters into "items"!

You see, the way I saw it was that you could choose four "minor" and turn them into "sidekicks"...

Plus, you forgot the "stuff" altogether!

You see, "stuff" doesn't just mean "items"... it also means effects, like, say, chance events... in short, temporary bonuses.
Plus, when I said "can use stuff" I meant that Stuff is assigned to a particular character, just like Magic Enchantments or WoW:TCG Weapons and Armor!
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh,sorry Martin.I thought the "stuff" was just items,which you can eqip your characters with. Sad I'll correct the mistake i've done,but we need a "snoty er"
name then "stuff" so the others can understand it properly Laughing Anyways,i just changed the names of the sidekick cards,but the rules still applay and i guess i mixed the order of the sentences. Very Happy Thank you for showing me where the flaws are!
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... A name that means both "equipment" and "situations", but sounds less "weird" than "stuff", eh?

Let's see...

How about a dual name, like, say, "Tools and Tricks"?

This way we could simply define persistent "stuff" as "Tools" (like, for example, the Tray) and single-use "stuff" as "Tricks"...

...which makes me want to fork out another card, just to demonstrate Very Happy

Tricks:
One True Weakness - -2 to opponent's Power and Seduction - cost 2 - Origin: entrepreneur, noble - Quote: You'll pay for this, Dorian Gay! (William Greenback)

What'cha think? is it ok? Very Happy

Oh, before I forget! What's the effect of the common ability "popularity"?
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha-ha!Great!Ok now i understand what you were trying to get at with "stuff" cards.Okay then i'll correct it tommorow.
I was trying to create a new ability,since some of the character's personality didnt match the other abilities.So "popularity" means that the character can have 5,instead of 4 sidekicks into play.Think it could fit in? Very Happy
I thought about other abilities,but they didnt came out right.I was thinking of another,"greed",which would go perfectly as William's ability,whom character i was trying to build today,but it came out more as a negative stat than a usefull ability Sad
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, "Popularity" sounds kinda powerful (although since there is a ceiling to the bonuses, it's not all that)

"Greed", eh? How about having the opponent's cost for Tools and Tricks increase by 1? (but that's not very Williamy, I guess...)
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well by the rules,you can just use only 4 to get your stuff,the fift is just an extra blocker.
Well what if "greed" alows you to recive one minor item when you tap all four sidekicks?Will that do?
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the minor characters are used to get stuff too... Wait, I got it: basically, the fifth sidekick is just the "other half" of a complete sidekick, given that he CAN block but NOT be expended, while a minor character CAN be expended but NOT block and a full sidekick can do both. Clever. My congratulations, YC! Very Happy

Oh, and Greed put that way sounds, well, pretty unhelpful... I mean, if you have a minor (costs 2 or less) Tool in your hand, why tap four sidekicks if two will do?
That doesn't mean that your idea is without merit, mind you: if a player can, by tapping all four sidekicks, take an item of his choice FROM HIS DECK, and put it in his hand, ready to be played next turn (reshuffling the deck afterwards), then "Greed" becomes MIGHTY handy! Very Happy

Um, by the way: I checked the rules you put down, and, well, the way you put them (while fairer - The way I put them, a player could get a massive advantage from higher stats) makes the statistics only useful for damage effects, which means that aside from the damage inflicted Sakura and Mary are basically equal in terms of Power use...
Could I suggest to use a value equal to 1/2 the Statistic (rounded up) as a bonus to the combat roll? Given that the stats are basically from 2 to 8, the difference wouldn't be as substantial as a full stat, but still have an effect.

As an example, here's a remaking of Betty:
Betty Goldblum - main - bi, female - HP 25 - Seduction 3/6, Power 2/4 - Special power: Wealthy (subtract one to the cost of a single item of stuff - with a minimum of one - once per turn) - Origin: entrepreneur

In this new version, the first number in the stats is the attack bonus, the second is the damage bonus.

So? What do you think of it? Is it okay for you?
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you! Very Happy
What i ment was,curse my attempts to shorten my explanation,when you tap all four sidekicks aside,from getting an item of your choise you get one MINOR item for free.But you're idea is good too,better even!
Well we could achive some balance that way,what i thought was,when assigning higher numbers to stats for the characters,they could be more distinctive that way.You add a litle more HP to the characters and the max stats can be achieved when geting items into play.And i think that Sakura might be a litle bit stronger,on acount that she knows martial arts Very Happy
Ok,lets say that Betty has 20-25HP,she also has 4 points in seduction and 3 in power.Lets see now...highest die roll is 6,thats 6+4=10...or is 10 too much?Hmm...i just cant figure it out Confused A player has 5 cards(just thinking out loud Very Happy )one of them is bound to be a sidekick,if the player is unlucky,in which case,he loses a maximum of 14HP...if its Betty,that leaves her with 11HP,a bad start...she gets a sidekick on her second turn,with HP of 8.If he/she gets killed...its just a matter of time before shes screwed...pardon me for the bad language...well,no matter how we look at it,in 50%...lets make it 40% of the case,luck is an invaliable advantage,as always... Confused
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungCesar wrote:
Why thank you! Very Happy
What i ment was,curse my attempts to shorten my explanation,when you tap all four sidekicks aside,from getting an item of your choise you get one MINOR item for free.But you're idea is good too,better even!
Well we could achive some balance that way,what i thought was,when assigning higher numbers to stats for the characters,they could be more distinctive that way.You add a litle more HP to the characters and the max stats can be achieved when geting items into play.And i think that Sakura might be a litle bit stronger,on acount that she knows martial arts Very Happy
Ok,lets say that Betty has 20-25HP,she also has 4 points in seduction and 3 in power.Lets see now...highest die roll is 6,thats 6+4=10...or is 10 too much?Hmm...i just cant figure it out Confused A player has 5 cards(just thinking out loud Very Happy )one of them is bound to be a sidekick,if the player is unlucky,in which case,he loses a maximum of 14HP...if its Betty,that leaves her with 11HP,a bad start...she gets a sidekick on her second turn,with HP of 8.If he/she gets killed...its just a matter of time before shes screwed...pardon me for the bad language...well,no matter how we look at it,in 50%...lets make it 40% of the case,luck is an invaliable advantage,as always... Confused

Seeing it like that, I'd say we need to either lower the damage or pump up the HP... Nobody likes games that end up faster than one can eat a sandwich.

We should make it so that the lowest Sidekick won't go down faster than two attacks, and the lowest main no faster than four...
That way, a game would go on for, say, about four (at the unluckiest) to twelve (at the luckiest) turns, more if healing and reviving Tricks are taken into account. Well, okay, a Main with Popularity could last for Fourteen, if he/she manages to put in the field all of his/her sidekicks on the table.

By the way, we should decide how many cards of each type should be in the deck! I mean, if a player has a 40-card deck (plus a 4-card Mains deck) but 20 of it are characters (Sidekicks and Minors), he could very well end up with TONS of "currency" cards, for lack of better terms, but nothing to buy.

Oh, and we should decide a few more things:
1) Are the Locations gonna be a separate deck, the way Mains are? I envisioned them as not, but it could help for the sake of NOT bogging down the gameplay...
2) Are the players gonna use separate decks (as in Magic or Pokemon) or are they gonna use a single deck, as in Chez Geek or Munchkin? and if separate decks, are duplicate cards allowed?
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all,thats a good idea.The game will be well balanced that way!
Second,if the player has a 40 card deck,there should be 10 sidekicks,10 locations and 20 stuff cards,not including the main.
Third,i think its best if all the cards are together in one deck.That way the player has everything in his hand.Only the main should be a separate card.What do you think?
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...once again, I managed to make myself misunderstood. I should choose my words better, I guess. Sorry.

You see, when I said "one deck or more" I didn't mean "each player has one or more decks"...
Basically, while Magic and Pokemon(both Collectible Card Games) have each player create his own deck, Munchkin, Chez Geek, Ninja Burger and others like them (Non-collectible Card Games, that basically have all cards come in one box) have a single, standard deck, and both players pick from that deck. Of course, that also means that they usually have more than 40 cards...

My question was, what of the two "deck arrangements" do you think would work best for the project? I mean, the first allows for card duplication and customization, but the second avoids weird games like, say, "Mary Blue vs. Mary Blue" Very Happy
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh,so thats what you ment.I just haven't played Munchkin,Chez Geek and others like them. Very Happy
Well on one hand we have Magic style deck build,based on skill and logic,when on the other hand we have Munchkin,based on luck,but you avoid situations like the one you mentioned... Confused I think its best to go with skill and logic and be able to build your deck on your own.Or...?
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or what?
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont know which one's best for our TCG Confused What are your thoughts on this one Martin?
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, actually, since I like both kinds of games.
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we still havent heard asanoryu and maZda's sugestions.Im going to speak to asanoryu,it looks like he has other things in mind.He sure hasnt been posting lately...anyways how are the drawings going maZda?Im dying to see how the first ones come out! Very Happy
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what should be the first piece of art?a card wilt a blank space where the pic should be and no text. Otherwise, where the heck are we gonna put the pics and the text? Very Happy
maZda_equals_Zandria

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked w...what drawings, just sketch-practicing some of the characters. (i'm new with PBB) Who's the first one? Name, angle, stance, err... and other info on the appearance. And another thing: what size should i draw... card size, A4, A5? And one more thing Tongue should i draw the entire card leaving room for whatever will be on it, or just the character/stuff/land. if I draw the whole card u guys should pick a style from what Martin showed us. Giving suggestions on the rules... blink my head started to heart Laughing reading all that stuff.

Last edited by maZda_equals_Zandria on Thu May 31, 2007 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
maZda_equals_Zandria

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.... what Martin said.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maZda_equals_Zandria wrote:
Giving sugestions on the rules... blink my head started to heart Laughing reading all that stuff.

You join the project, you get full rights of suggestion and comment; right people? Very Happy
YoungCesar

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natturaly! Very Happy I was just curious of how the work was going.No need to rush we've got all the time in the world...almost. Very Happy As for the actual style of the cards...i don't know exactly,i've never been good at giving advices to artists...maybe you guys should decide on that.
You can use the free preview and character list maZda.That way you can get ideas on stances and the actual locations.Well whada ya know!Thats an actual advice coming from me Very Happy Will miracles never cease...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13